Hello everyone!
The second week of classes has begun and I am already looking forward to the semester being over. I am mega checked out of school. Doctors have diagnosed me with an early onset of Senioritis. Granted I still have like, forever until I can put on that cap and gown and walk the walk, but I know that I should be graduating this semester with my fellow classmates. However, I have to wait until the Fall of 2016. Dang.
Putting aside my saltiness towards this sitch, I am enjoying my semester thus far. I have a few classes that count towards my Education degree as well as a few extras just for fun. One of them being tango. I really enjoy it despite how awkward I probably look. I constantly reminisce on my failure at salsa dancing when I was in Chile and then I question why on Earth did I ever sign up for a tango class? Eh, YOLO #noregrets. I'm sure it will help me one day when I am living in South America (hopefully). I have also been working on converting those flabs to abs in my core conditioning class and working on strengthening pretty much everything in my body in hopes of getting super ripped for the rollerthon I want to do in September. Just imagine: 26.2 miles on 'blade -- how wonderful that would be! Wind blowing through my hair. Probably scabbed knees and bruised legs. Maybe broken wrists. Exhaustion. And well, a wonderful memory. My favorite class, though, is my Spanish class. I only have it once a week for three hours (I wish it met more frequently), but being in that classroom and speaking the language is so fulfilling. It's kind of a bummer that it doesn't meet until 5:30 PM on Wednesdays, and it's my only class that day, so...that's weird. But excellent. Transitioning back to thinking, speaking, and writing in English can be a struggle afterwards. Today, out of nowhere, the notes I was taking in English class somehow morphed into Spanish. Dudes, it's weird but also like, super great. I'm just looking forward to when my dreams start to be in Spanish again -- I miss it.
No super exciting adventures have occurred since my last post. I've been so incredibly busy with work and school. Oh yeah, I did watch one of the most intense football games ever in a room full of Seahawks fans. That was...interesting (okay, and like, really fun).
Delving deeper into the weird, strange, unorganized mind of Allie, everyone should know that I'm still at a stand still as to what I want to do this summer. Do I stay here in Alaska, go back to Eau Claire, or take advantage of some other really awesome adventure? I know that ultimately, it's in God's hands, which is so wonderful to think about, but also terrifying because I am a planner. The unknown scares the heck out of me. However, I trust Him completely in helping me dance this tango that life has presented me with. He'll be there to lead me as I put my faith in Him and follow His steps. Proverbs 19:21 says that you can make plans, but the Lord's purpose will prevail. Soooo, I guess I'll just wait and see what is thrown my way and decide then.
ANYWAYS, not too much planned for this weekend -- probably (home)work, pros/cons lists regarding life choices, and whatever else I end up doing. Much love to all of you!
- A
No comments:
Post a Comment